It is currently 2017-09-23 0:02

Guide:3 Star Hero – Holy Huang Gai

• Author

Roselle

Guide:3 Star Hero – Holy Huang Gai

Post2016-08-11 12:16

Recommended Armor:

3 Tiger Set, Armor (L-S) +HP%, Armor (B) +CRIT%, Armor (R-L) +HP%/Residence%

2 Eternal Set+Tiger Set, Armor (L-S) +HP%, Armor (B) +CRIT%, Armor (R-L) +HP%/Resistance%

Recommended Star: Awaken and evolved to 6 Stars

Description: Holy Huang Gai is one of the Holy/Evil heroes that starters must get. His first skill Gai Taunt, not high damage, but can break opponent’s skill set, second skill Heroic Strike is not so outstanding anyway, but his awaken third skill Winning Cycle (passive), restore all allies’ HP when CRIT, really strong. If a starter collects a Holy Huang Gai, better equip him with 3 tiger set, maximize his third skill. If you want him perform better, maximize the CRIT% on the Armor (B) and ensure his viability at the same time.

Advantage: Outstanding endurance.

Disadvantage: DPS not so good, high requirement of armor.

Arena Grade: A+

Dungeon Grade: A+

smuggysmugz

Re: Guide:3 Star Hero – Holy Huang Gai

Post2017-02-28 2:30

Definitely concur with 95% of what Roselle had posted about Holy Huang Gai (HHG).  This hero is a must for starters, especially Free to Play (F2P) players.  With the right gear, this guy will carry you thru a lot of the story mode and even trials.

As Rose stated, DPS is not really there. But it shouldn't be as he is a Tank.  Most people build this guy with either a variation of:

*3 sets of Tiger with focus on HP %/HP/Crit Rate or

*2 sets of Tiger & 1 set of Eternal with focus on HP %/HP/Crit Rate or

*2 sets of Eternal & 1 set of Tiger with focus on HP %/HP/Crit Rate

I personally went 2 Tiger and 1 Eternal as you want to maximize this guys Crit Rate to get his awaken skill (3rd Skill - Passive), Winning Cycle to proc.  Unless you one of the super elites that can afford to 5 or 6 Start all your armor and roll the right stats, it's difficult to get 100% Crit Rate with only 1 set Tiger bonus.

So it was easier for me to get the tiger set bonus to achieve 100% Crit Rate.

Gear (noob version):

Head Gear (H): Main attribute will always be ATK +.  For sub-attribute, aim for Crit Rate & HP +

Left Shoulder (L-S): Main attribute HP %. Sub attribute, aim for Crit Rate, HP % & HP +

Right Shoulder (R-S):  Main attribute will always be DEF +.  Sub attribute, aim for Crit Rate, HP % & HP +

Chest/Back (B): Main attribute Crit Rate.  Depending on whether you 5 or 6 Star it, when maxed enchanced it will give you either +47% or +58%.  This is once piece you will have to max out to +15 enhance.  Sub attribute, aim for HP % & HP +

Left Leg (L-L): Main attribute HP +.  Sub attribute, aim for Crit Rate & HP %

Right Leg (R-L):  Main attribute HP %.  Sub attribute, aim for Crit Rate & HP +.

I haven't run this guy much in Arenas as I still don't have a decent inventory of Heroes to play test him.  However, with the current heroes I have.  I haven't found much luck in Arenas with HHG.  His life restore just cannot keep up with the amount of damage some of these teams are putting out.  I'm sure that can change if you have the right team set up to mitigate the incoming damage but by the time you can get heroes that can do that for you.  There would be a lot of better options. 

Arena Grade:  B/B-

Dungeon (Story) Grade:  A+/A

I know some may disagree with my evaluation.

Cheers,

Smuggz

Return to Guides & FAQ