It is currently 2018-01-23 19:24

Sanctuary Boss needs to be majorly overhauled

• Author

zoakz

Sanctuary Boss needs to be majorly overhauled

Post2017-12-18 1:24

last weeks sanctuary boss: http://prnt.sc/hov2v7

this weeks sanctuary boss: http://prnt.sc/hov3qw

I put in a customer service complaint about this last week to no avail as this weeks Sanctuary Boss concluded the same hideous way.  It was over in less that one second from the countdown.  It was over in so little time it never displayed a top 10 list at all, displayed a boss was over message before displaying any first round damage totals, and was over in so little time that most players who were in it (from seconds after the link allowed them to join, who had autojoin chosen, hide selected for other players, and were right up as close to the left as could be) didn't even make it far enough across the screen to register a hit before it was over.

>Some Players even spent gold to get a % damage boost for there server and didn't even get a single hit to register.

>Most players on the server that got most damage and last hit who were in the event still get no reward cause it thinks they didn't participate.

>Less than 10 players who showed up got damage to register for an event that is supposed to be a challenge for multiple servers.

This event was over quick prior to merger and prior to the new awakening skills.  The combination of heavy hitters with a 25% attack bonus made registering 14% a round for a single player easy and it still only lasted a few rounds.  Now however with stronger players having more potent awakening skills the sanctuary boss has become as big of a joke as the guild boss (which with no boost, no potion, no buddies,etc... is 1 hit killed with ease and is tough to share the reward with more players).   

It is time they finally gave this boss a respectful amount of hps to allow everyone to get a few hits, and some silver for participating.  While I like the "more damage done =more silver earned" premise maybe the silver rewarded shouldn't be by hit, but simply by ranking.  For example you still have a final hit reward, but perhaps 1st place damage gets 3mill silver, 2nd place 2.5mill, 3rd place 2mill silver, 4th-10th 1.5mill silver, 11th-20th 750k silver, 21st or lower 500k silver for participating. At its current defense settings this boss would need about 38-40x it's current hps.  There has to be a reasonable balance that makes this event fair and yet fun for all to participate.  So making it so hard to hit that only the strongest players can hit it for more then .0x% damage just to make it last longer, still only makes it so top hitters do all the damage, always get final hit reward, and only serves to allow weaker players time to register participation without any satisfaction of having helped in the event.

[IMG]https://image.prntscr.com/image/ExqdwvTlTzyrIc5evopEzw.png[\IMG]

HakilErica

Re: Sanctuary Boss needs to be majorly overhauled

Post2017-12-21 10:54

It's worse than that... damage rewards to boss are capped.  Above a certain amount of damage, you are only benefitting your ranking.

I don't know if it's the new awakenings or not, but the SB is definitely a push-over since the merge.  Her 2nd & 3rd HP bars seem to be MIA most weeks.  Not that I would advocate the over-correction like has happened to the World Boss (particularly Degenerate mode,) but at least restore her to pre-merge "glory."

zoakz

Re: Sanctuary Boss needs to be majorly overhauled

Post2018-01-15 1:00

Obviously enough people are not complaining about this.  It's been another 4 weeks of the same result since my last post, and absolutely no improvement.  A level 111 sanctuary boss with its current stats just doesn't cut it.  last week a whopping 4 people got a hit in on sanctuary boss.  This week 7 people got a hit in on sanctuary boss.  Yet again MOST of the players who entered IMMEDIATELY, had AUTOJOIN checked, had hide chosen, were as close as they could be YET DIDNT GET A REGISTERED HIT. I got a hit last week, and yet didn't manage to get a hit this week.

So NIGHT HAWK OF OUR SERVER GOT THE LAST HIT AND DID THE MOST DAMAGE and yet:

>I fail to get a "The Rank of Damage to [Goddess of Abyss] of your server is 1, You have acquired one Damage Pack" message and obviously not the corresponding collectable chest

>>I fail to get a "Night hawk of your server has slain [Goddess of Abyss], your rank is ###, acquire ###,###,### silver"

>>>I fail to get a "Your Rank in [Valkyrie Trial] is #, accumulativel acquired ###reputation, #########silver". Even if unable to do much damage, you should at least be able to get some reputation from participating in this event.

>>>>I fail to have a chance of acquiring a repulse pack for this event (if made it in top 5) cause can't even register

a hit each week reliably.  Your total strength and how much you normally would do plays no effect in this, it is ONLY if by some miracle your lucky enough to register a hit quick enough.  You can be in top 5 with .01%. 

>>>>>The goddess of abyss heartbeat packs/lucky packs: are even more key now for chances to get perfect gemstone shards now that the boot tab is also present for gems.

It is way past time for fixing this, and so many players deserve compensation for the rewards they deserved but were not given because of this.

Return to Game Discussion