It is currently 2017-12-16 5:11

Higher Level Stars

• Author

kenbobb@hmamail.com

Higher Level Stars

Post2017-05-29 13:30

I just got Verseau in Astrology. Says it increases Shield. 

I assume this showed up because I hit Level 120. But I am curious. 

What is the effect of Shield? Is it Divine Shield? 

I found I could equip Verseau along with Capricorn (Block) so it seems like Shield isn't just an upgrade to Block. 

Just wondering so I know how to deploy it (I'll have to pull another star in order to place it).

Right now I've parked it on an inactive character.

Appreciate any Info folks have on this. Would be nice if someone did up a Start guide to match the Gemstones guide.

jdm

Re: Higher Level Stars

Post2017-05-30 1:32

Shield as this star is referring to is different than divine shield. This decreases damage your character recieves from a critical hit, thus causing damage reduction to crit hits you take. Hope this helps!

zoakz

Re: Higher Level Stars

Post2017-06-03 20:44

[quote="aragorn387@hmamail.com"]

I just got Verseau in Astrology. Says it increases Shield. 

I assume this showed up because I hit Level 120. But I am curious. 

What is the effect of Shield? Is it Divine Shield? 

I found I could equip Verseau along with Capricorn (Block) so it seems like Shield isn't just an upgrade to Block. 

Just wondering so I know how to deploy it (I'll have to pull another star in order to place it).

Right now I've parked it on an inactive character.

Appreciate any Info folks have on this. Would be nice if someone did up a Start guide to match the Gemstones guide.

[/quote]

Shield star is your failsafe for resistance.  If your resistance value is higher then your oponent's crit value you have a chance to avoid taking crit damage from them.  The bigger the difference the more likely to avoid the crit damage.  However this is not like a dodge where you avoid damage in full, you simply take the base melee/spell damage you would receive instead (base crit bonus and deathstrike bonuses are nullified for there attack.)  So assuming you have less resistance and/or your chance to resist the crit fails then shield kicks in.  Each point of shield is only like .1% reduction (don't quote me on this exact value). So if you had 600 points of shield you would always reduce crit damage by 60%. If your oponent would normally do 500% melee/spell damage to you for doing there full crit/deathstrike bonuses (just an arbitrary value that is easy math for example) then you would soak/absorb(shield) 300%melee/spell damage and wound/take 200%melee/spell damage. In this example if both shield and block kicked in you would take half the 200% or just there base 100%melee/spell damage. 

Return to Game Discussion