It is currently 2017-11-22 23:49

Spell attack on warrior

• Author

Kendra

Spell attack on warrior

Post2017-09-07 5:52

So I'm wondering if there is ever a reason to give a warrior or knight spell attack via gem or star. I have seen high level players doing this and have assumed it is a mistake on their part, however, I'm wondering as they are very powerful and hard to beat.

Continuum

Re: Spell attack on warrior

Post2017-09-08 4:52

It does nothing. How high level are you talking about? Any high level player should know by now that Spell Attack does nothing for any buddy or their main character aside from warlocks. Are you sure you're not seeing Special Attack?

zoakz

Post2017-09-08 8:14

[quote="Continuum"]

It does nothing. How high level are you talking about? Any high level player should know by now that Spell Attack does nothing for any buddy or their main character aside from warlocks. Are you sure you're not seeing Special Attack?

[/quote]

Well you are wrong there.  Its true you probably will never have an expansion giving you the option to be a warlock as your main character, however that doesn't make INT on your main char only useful for the spell defense, nor does it make SPELL attack on your main char worthless.  I will agree with you that Spell attack added to a non-warlock buddy character is worthless (i.e. a LEO star will not benefit a knight/assassin/etc.)

The reason there is some use for Spell Attack on a primary character is based on ALLY REINFORCEMENTS, which will be utilized in CRUSADES and sanctuary EVIL PALACE.  ANY AND ALL your ally reinforcements stats are completely based on your primary character whether it is a warlock or something else.  Whatever your primary characters STR/VOL/HP/INT are, your reinforcement uses the same stats. Its special attack is based on your special attack strength, its normal attack is based on a composite of your spell and melee attack values.  If you only ever use non-warlock ally-reinforcements, well this is a non-concern for you as Spell attack added to your main isn't going to benefit a non-warlock ally reinforcement.  HOWEVER, ALL WARLOCK ALLY REINFORCEMENTS ARE STRONGER with the extra Spell attack.

If you haven't gotten a high enough BC and gotten far enough in crusade and/or EVIL PALACE you probably only use laughlin which is a ranger, however EVERY OTHER ALLY REINFORCEMENT at least till level 170 (crusade 7) is a warlock including LEA (which should not be confused with the buddy LEA/EXTREME LEA which is a warrior).  I still can see two grayed out slots for ally reinforcement so possibly at level 180-200 or with further feature expansion, some other ally reinforcement might not be a warlock, but for the moment Laughlin is the only non-warlock ALLY REINFORCEMENT.

THEREFORE: as is the case for wanting certain formations in certain situations, you also can benefit from certain stars in certain situations.  I wouldn't leave a LEO or andromeda star active on your main during world boss, or during PVP encounters(it won't help at all), but switching to it in EP (if your leader only) or doing crusade might be the difference between you succeeding or not.

Kendra

Post2017-09-08 20:24

Thanks, that's what I thought, but I appreciate all the extra details.

slutty

Post2017-09-08 21:31

[quote="Continuum"]

[/quote]

I seen a player who must spend hundreds on gold with True Shadow lvl 132 with lvl 12 Leo on him.

Return to Game Discussion