It is currently 2018-04-22 14:21

What buddies to aim for end game as a free player?

• Author

Aidoru

What buddies to aim for end game as a free player?

Post2017-10-05 23:40

I'm not exactly a free player but I'm not one whose willing to spend a few hundred dollars just for a buddy. What buddies do free players generally end up aiming for end game? I just unlocked Temple of Light and it eats up far more resources than I would like to waste on buddies I'll end up replacing.

Weemad

Re: What buddies to aim for end game as a free player?

Post2017-10-06 17:52

Hi,

The main thing where end game is concerned is the buddies u choose must be upgradable in the temple of shadows. If you are playing as a free(ish) player there are only a few of the lower lvl buddies that can be upgraded this way. Later (when u have over 2.1 mill rep) you will open the sanctuary buddies which can all be upgraded in the ToS to a greater or lesser degree.

Here is a quick list of which buddies are worth getting along the way:-

Lea (can be upgraded in temple of light 2x to get true and then extreme lea). Tbh I would say this is your 1st must have buddy as she can become very powerful and is still usable at end game (although u will more than likely replace her with one of the sanc buddies much later on)

Aileen (can be upgraded to true Aileen in ToL). An above average warrior until u open the sanctuary where you will want to replace her. Worth getting early on if you need a little more punch but not a long term investment.

Tia (can be upgraded to true Tia in ToL). A decent defensive warrior who like Aileen doesnt hold up too well at end game. Only worth getting if you didnt get Aileen and could use a meatshield to tie you over. Once again dont invest too much into this buddy as u will replace her later.

Lacus (can be upgraded to true Lacus in ToL). 1st of the big guns. She is very good dps and when fully upgraded in ToS becomes very very powerful. Definately worth getting if u want pure damage (but skip if u intend to get Elpis)

Elpis (can be upgraded to true Elpis in ToL). Very good offensive unit with a rage drain ability. She doesnt quite do the damage of Lacus at end game but the rage drain can make up for that. Is definately worth getting if u skipped Lacus.

Hathor (can be upgraded to true Hathor in ToL). This is a hard one. Only worth getting if u really need healing at the cost of damage. More than likely you will replace her with one of the sanctuary buddies if you do take her.

As an afterword I would recomend taking Lea, Tia and Lacus as they become available. Then wait till you open the sanctuary buddies before taking any others. If you have Flora and little athena they will be good enough to fill out the rest of your team until then.

Hope this helps and feel free to leave any questions below. I will answer as and when I can :p

Aidoru

Post2017-10-08 4:19

That was extremely helpful, I appreciate it a lot, it saves me a lot of resources I'd most likely waste on other units.

zimes

Post2017-12-14 2:53

yes, that was very helpful.  what about those that have spent a little money.  are there any that are must haves?  what about the angels?  are they worth going for?  What about the illumination palace?  are any of them worth going after?

Bndit

Post2017-12-16 1:01

We're talking about end game FREE !! Of course if you're going to spend a ton of money on the Palace characters each one is worth whatever power they have compared to any of the free buddies. If you're spending just do it and see which you like.

Return to Game Discussion