The new Goddess Vow

Himiko

The new Goddess Vow

Post by Himiko » 2017-09-26 16:22

So I've been reading the description of the vow arcanas and I'm trying to decide which one is the most broken. I've currently torn between earth and sky.

Earth: In PvP your enemy ends up killing himself no matter what. As soon as 3 to 4 of your own buddies die the other team is pretty much dead.

Sky: Pretty much infinite HP. If you have good support (Accolade, Ares, Shyvana) the only danger to you are instant kills. Pair up with maxed out True Hathor for lulz.
So far my money is on Earth for PvP (though maybe countered by Shyvana?) and Sky for PvE. My runners up would be Moon because seriously, screw rage reduction + stun.

For Vow Temptation I hope we will be getting new pictures, i.e. not the ones from the storyline. I also hope that they are affordable and not the 20k gold recharge insanity we get for costumes. Also a download option would be nice...

Edit: Nevermind, you get the necessary items from daily missions. The screenshot suggest 4 Master Emblems to open the fourth piece. If we thus assume the n-th piece needs n emblems, that's 171 in total or just over 17 days to unlock one picture, assuming double gains from daily missions and no boosts through events.

You seem to receive around 25 vow points on avarage per Servant Emblem, so if you go to 350 mission points each day, that's around 1k vow points from 42 emblems. Level one needs 1k, level 2 needs 2k; if this goes on it's 36k to 9, or just over a month.

Edit: The screenshot shows 5k for level 5, so I guess that's confirmed. This also means that by the time you unlock level 9 for Vow Temptation you probably have enough Master Emblems to unlock every tile.

Edit: More detailed numbers below.

Last edited by Himiko on 2017-09-30 12:24, edited 1 time in total.

Kendra

Re: The new Goddess Vow

Post by Kendra » 2017-09-26 19:25

One thing I'm wondering is which Goddess Arcana skill is used. That is, if you unlock the skill for Goddess of Wind, but you are using Goddess of Moon, does the wind skill still get used in combat? It says the goddess showing in battle, so does that mean only your current goddess skill matters, and others unlocked are simply lost when you move to a new goddess?

Himiko

Post by Himiko » 2017-09-26 19:43

You can select which goddess to use in the lower left of the queen screen ("Show in battle" checkbox).

VigilAustin_N0XYD9061

Post by VigilAustin_N0XYD9061 » 2017-09-26 20:30

>I'll say a level 10 goddess of sky along with grappe looks pretty useful to heal 400-700k health every round to all buddies. Of course can only use grappe in crusades and evil palace, so the practical healing effect every where else wont be that insane but still an enormous group heal every few rounds.

>goddess of earth seems way too overpowered to me. Once even one buddy goes down it can be like a domino effect. it is 30%of Current HP to all and not 30%of max HP to all fortunately but still it seems a bit overkilled.

>while goddess of life effect isnt every few rounds like others and only is used once on main, generally your main is your strongest weapon. Against most campaign related things, an argument could be made for this being one of the better choices.

>goddess of moon is clearly far superior to goddess of light in its ability to nullify players ability to do anything. As it goes off at start of odd rounds it should go off right after pet, and probably will trump initiative. I'd also guess the rage drain halidom will fail to protect against this, and half your party will be incapacitated and rage drained from the start even if first pet skill isn't rage drain.

So far the choices given have only been based on getting it to level 10 and for its skill in battle. There are other reasons however to prefer other goddesses. The level 5 ability to get a percentage base improvement to its stats to entire party.

>Both the goddess of wind and goddess of sky give a boost percentage to special attack. I could see getting goddess of wind early on to level 5 and then holding off till you can get goddess of sky. The percentage boost to special defense is far better then the boost to hp and as expressed above goddess of sky's level 10 ability seems to be far better EXCEPT if they failed to consider the effect of goddess of winds special on world boss. As players have 7-8 team members and abilities such as accolade, rebirth halidom, phoenix bless talent, shyvanas special etc. reaching 6,and 12rounds in world boss is doable. 50% of max HP to target sure would make world boss go far quicker then expected. Maybe they'll say goddess attacks have no effect in world boss (they can't help in other goddesses realms or some odd excuse like that.)

>then there are those players who go all out to get as much dodge as possible. Which brings us to wanting goddess of war to start out and switching to goddess of ablaze when can get it. Now considering all the goddesses level 70-200 can get a vow arcana it would be nice if in the forum they showed the skills for all 14goddesses and not just 7of them. As unfortunately highlighting over it even on a goddess can train vow on just says "the function is not activated for this goddess". THIS DOES NOTHING FOR LETTING US KNOW WHAT SKILL IT HAS and if we want to try to get it. I think they all need a preview button showing the effect and a description of what its skill will do.

Himiko

Post by Himiko » 2017-09-26 21:11

Very good points.

I've decided on Sky for my first goddess because I think that the boosts to special attack and special defense are really useful and because the arcana seems to be a good choice for almost all situations (and as a bonus Hathor is pretty hot and I want her picture :D). That's especially true if you consider how expensive special attack usually is; the neck equipment is the most expensive to upgrade and the weapon hardly gives any special attack.

I'm not sure what the second choice should be. Earth has melee atk and def, so it helps all around. I'm not sure about Moon, the dodge is nice, but int is not that useful. Wind also has both offense and defense aspects, but I think it depends on how big the boost actually are. If Wind has a decent % hp increase at 5 it might well be worth it.

Himiko

Post by Himiko » 2017-09-30 12:22

I have to update the numbers you get for goddess vow.

The number of Servant Emblems you need for one upgrade also changes with each level, increasing by one for each (1 for level 1, 2 for level 2, 3 for level 3 etc.).

This means that you need on avarage 11400 Servant Emblems to get from 0 to stage 9. At 40 a day that's 285 days. Going from level 8 to level 9 alone is 3240 Servant Emblems. The scaling from level to level is quadratic instead of linear, and I don't get why...

@Angel: Are you sure that this is intended? Even if you are VIP12 and do all daily missions every day you still need more than half a year to get one goddess to level 9.